Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Tuesday, November 04, 2008
TMI Tuesday #159
1. Have you ever had a moving violation? An auto accident? That was your fault? Nope, I had 2 accidents within a year of getting my license but neither were my fault. And then I went nearly 15 years without an accident until a couple of years ago and I had my 2nd one in January. Hopefully I will have another 15 year period without them.
2. Have you ever voted? How old were you the first time you voted? I vote in all elections, local and national. My first vote was in 1988 when I turned 18.
3. Are you glad this election cycle is over? Yes, I am so happy. I wonder what the media will talk about now actually.
4. Do you have guilty pleasure? What is it (or are they)? Too many to list. But the short list, True Blood and So You Think You Can Dance; ABBA and the Strobe (disco radio station); chef boyardee and grilled cheese for dinner...
5. What is the most embarrassing thing you have done recently? Hmm hand sex in the movie theater probably borders on tacky but it was also embarrassing.
Bonus: How much impact has the Wall Street and general economic wilt had on you? Well I lost more in my 401K than I received in the stimulus check for one thing. But other than my 401K, driving around less, shopping less, scrimping on food, and watching my electric bill...it hasn't affected me at all (insert sarcasm here).
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
TMI Tuesday #157
1. Have you ever felt guilty or ashamed after a sexual experience? When I was dating hubby I used to feel pressured all the time and whenever I would "give in" I would feel ashamed afterwards because I wasn't strong enough to stick to my guns.
2. Did you ever own a fake ID? nope
3. How often do you tell white lies? Is it with or without thinking? Not often, I am one of those "to be perfectly honest" kind of people.
4. On a scale of 1-10, how well do you receive constructive criticism? 6 maybe even 5. My need to be perfect at everything makes it very difficult to accept any kind of criticism.
5. Have you ever shaved your pubic hair? wow this is truly a TMI question lol. The short answer, yes.
Bonus: What percentage of women do you think are capable of handling being in a "friends with benefits" relationship? I think at least 50% of women could handle this type of relationship if men stick to their end of the bargain. ie, don't get all territorial or controlling. How about men? I think at first all men could handle it but I think for the larger percentage it would only be a matter of time before their competitive nature and insecurities would make such a relationship impossible.
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
TMI Tuesday #154
1. What do you feel is the difference between sexy and erotic? The outfit I wore for SE on the cruise...sexy. The sound the fabric made when he tore it off me...erotic.
2. Do you believe there is one right person (i.e. soul mate) for you out there in the world, or that there can be many different potential mates that you could live blissfully with? I think we are all too complex for one person to be our only soul mate for life. I think there are many different potential mates.
3. Do you need to hear "I love you" or similar words on a regular basis from your partner? It's weird as a kid I never heard the words and I make a point to say them to my sons on a regular basis because I did miss hearing it as a kid. But I don't have the same need in romantic relationships. For some reason I don't find the words as authentic romantically as they are when you say them to your child.
4. What feeling do you have the most difficulty expressing? I am not very good at expressing feelings, opinions yes. How I feel not so much. So it's hard to just pick one. I have difficulty expressing most emotions, well maybe anger, I don't seem to have a problem expressing that.
5. What is worse - physical, mental or cyber cheating? Ugh the cheating question there always seems to be one. I don't find cheating a terrible ill of morality. Deception and lies would hurt me more and it really wouldn't matter what vehicle was used to achieve it, physical, mental, or cyber.
Bonus (as in optional): The Kinsey scale attempts to describe a person's sexual history or episodes of their sexual activity at a given time. It uses a scale from 0, meaning exclusively heterosexual, to 6, meaning exclusively homosexual. Where are you - TODAY - on the scale? My gut instinct is to go with 3 because I am always in the middle. And intellectually that is true. I don't really think hetero or homo I feel much more pansexual about things. BUT when I try to envision sexual gratification without a guy it's just hard to imagine. So that's 100% hetero isn't it...But if the question was overall I would say 3 but since it's a sexual history/activity I have to go with 0.
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Your result for How geeky are you?...
You scored 50% Geeky, 79% Cranial and 39% Introverted! Brilliant! This is so very exciting because you have managed to maintain your intelligence yet steer clear of the path to geekiness. You are the rarest of the rare, not many people score in this category. I don't know if you realize the delicate balance between smarts and geekiness, yet you have overcome!!
You most likely have a strong passion for reading or some other hobby you can cultivate on your own, and this can be a wonderful creative outlet. Make sure you take the time to develop strong interpersonal relationships as they may not come as easily to you, though they are vital for a fulfilling life. It takes much effort to maintain them at times, but their benefits far outweigh their draw backs.